The interior of all Staub pots are enameled with a matte black finish.
• The high-quality enamel offers improved resistance to thermal shocks and scratching, making care easier.
• It has ideal properties for searing, roasting and caramelizing food.
• Favored by amateurs and great chefs alike, the enamel has anti-adhesive properties and requires no
seasoning before first use.
• Easy to clean and convenient to use.
• Cadmium Free / Lead Free / PFOA Free / PTFE Free
For centuries, cooks have taken advantage of the natural heat retention and redistribution properties of cast iron.
Enameled cast iron also retains the cold; to chill, you only have to put your preparations in the refrigerator before serving them.
Savory flavors are revealed thanks to simmering meals enhanced by continuous self-basting. The choice of renowned chefs and used in restaurants throughout the world, the Staub cocotte has a cover with spikes which enable drops of condensation to fall uniformly onto the food simmering below. This self-basting cycle ensures the flavors of the ingredients are retained in their full intensity and their nutritional worth is preserved perfectly!
Due to the superior construction of the Staub cocotte lids, less humidity can escape during the cooking process. 10% more moisture is retained inside the Staub cocotte after 55 minutes cooking time than in products from competitors. *
The self basting system consisting of distributed spikes over the whole inside flat lid ensures a continuous rainfall effect over the food inside the cocotte. The Staub self basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.**
*Tested by Cetim Cermat (11/2009) **Tested by R&D Department of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels (11/2009)